Last Updated on September 20, 2020
75 5th Street NW, Suite 2100
Atlanta, Georgia 30308
- A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 18. If a person under 18 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child/ person under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Types of Data We Collect
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data; provided, however, that Personal Data shall not include any information that is lawfully obtained from publicly available information, or from federal, state or local government records lawfully made available to the general public. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a. Information you Provide to Us:
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network or Service (“Account”). We may also collect other types of personal information from our investors and partners related to pages of the Site dedicated to them if any such pages exist.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, including in order to send you a reply, if applicable.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- When you post messages on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services or through your subscription agreements or transactions with the Company, its affiliates or others.
- If you participate in a contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each contest that you enter.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
b. Information Collected via Technology:
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags: In addition, we may use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
Use of Your Personal Data
a. General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to requests; and
- send Company updates, newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes of Company.
b. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Users and User Groups. We may share your Personal data with other Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services, including sharing other members of the groups for which you are registered (e.g. founders, mentors).
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. When you register for an event through the Site or otherwise contact the Company, we will collect information submitted to us including your name, title, company name, professional or social media profile, and other types of Personal Data submitted to us and we may share your information with third-party service providers. Personal Data may also be supplied to the event organizer(s) and sponsor(s). In addition, for events requiring the payment of a fee, we also utilize third parties to help process event payments and you may be required to provide your Personal Data to such third parties for payment processing. These third-party service providers are generally required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company. In particular, when retaining third-party service providers that may access/retain Personal Data of the Company’s or Company’s affiliates’ clients or investors, the Company takes reasonable steps to select third-party service providers that are capable of maintaining appropriate security measures to protect such Personal Data consistent with this policy.
Social Networking Sites
Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of some of your information on our Service:
- Cookies: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
- Un-Linking SNS: If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may un-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
Retention of Personal Data
How long the Company may retain the information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Data that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information at an earlier date if you so request.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
If we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information.
Training and Review of the Policy
The Company conducts training of all new employees with respect to this policy and on the proper use of the Company’s computer security systems upon hire as a part of such employees’ initial training. The Company reviews the scope of the security measures annually or whenever there is a material change in business practices that may reasonably implicate the security or integrity of records containing Personal Data.