Engage is a first-of-its-kind collaborative innovation and corporate venture platform comprised of a leading research institution and 14 category-leading Fortune 500 corporations in the Southeast that have joined forces to support startups building the future of enterprise technology. Engage corporate partners include Chick-fil-a, The Coca-Cola Company, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia-Pacific, Georgia Power, Georgia Tech, Goldman Sachs, The Home Depot, Honeywell, Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE), Inspire Brands, Invesco, UPS, and Wellstar Health System.
The Engage corporate partners form the backbone of our unique innovation program. Successful corporate involvement helps generate meaningful insights core to Engage’s value proposition, improves our startups’ experience, and facilitates cross-corporate learning and knowledge transfer between the leading corporations in the Southeast.
We are looking for a strategic Director to work across multiple business units of our Fortune 500 corporate partners. This role will be responsible for building and strengthening Engage’s corporate relationships including, but not limited to monthly meetings, corporate events, and fostering relationships with relevant executive stakeholders. Responsibilities include understanding Engage member personas, creating personalized experiences, utilizing in-person and virtual gatherings to deliver value to the Engage corporate members. The ultimate goal is to provide unparalleled value to our corporate partners and strengthen the connective tissue in the innovation ecosystem in the Southeast.
This role will report to the Managing Director and work closely with them to strategize and scale our corporate innovation operations. This role will work side by side with early-stage startups, interface with the innovation community, Engage corporate partners, and venture investors from across the country.
- Atlanta based. All Engage corporate partners are based in Atlanta and it’s a necessity that this role is based here to build long-term relationships in this ecosystem.
- Work Experience: Fiver years of startup or innovation-related operating experience.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; an ability to use independent judgement; and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience in sales and/or partnerships is a plus.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An entrepreneurial operator at your core; you thrive in a fast-paced, often scrappy, sometimes chaotic environment.
- Growth mindset: you’re an obsessively curious ‘learn-it-all’ and have a pulse on new startups and innovation trends in industry verticals pertinent to Engage corporate partners.
- Intellectual horsepower: you can zoom in and zoom out between developing high-level strategy and getting in the weeds to execute and build from scratch.
- Creative, nimble, and a hunter: you spot opportunities everywhere and can launch strategies to capture them.
- High ownership, execution, and hustle: you have an ability to operate proactively in ambiguous circumstances and deliver on your goals.
- High Emotional Intelligence: you have great interpersonal skills, charisma, and enjoys building new relationships. You also have a high degree of social intelligence and can navigate within complex social environments.
- Excellent communicator: you have impeccable oral and written communication skills, along with the executive presence, to deliver unique and complex concepts to senior executives.
- Idea Scout: you have a talent for screening ideas objectively and recommending innovative/ high value alternatives. You are able to develop new ideas and business solutions across internal capabilities as well as external partners.
- Own key relationships with corporate innovation programs and partner with business units to understand technology-enabled opportunities and complex business needs and challenges across opportunity areas including; Customer Experience, Supply-Chain & Manufacturing, Big Data/AI/Analytics/FinTech, Climate Tech & Sustainability, Logistics & Mobility, and Future of Work.
- Help develop and implement a proactive corporate relations strategy and program, ensuring that Engage’s strategy, startups, and progress is understood by the corporate innovation community.
- Work closely with Engage Corporate Partners’ business units to define solution concepts, refine MVPs, and ultimately guide the most promising startups through deployment and scale within the Fortune 500.
- Along with the Managing Director, prepare key messages and presentations to communicate Engage’s progress and performance to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with the Engage Investments, Insights, and Operations teams to ensure we are maximizing every opportunity for integration and connectivity with our Corporate Partners.
- Scope new opportunities for partnerships and lead outbound campaigns to build new relationships with current and prospective corporate partners.
- Help evaluate and assess the applicability and fit of startups to corporate innovation strategies and provide recommendations for their admission into the program.
- Corporate Innovation leadership experience working with technology companies or implementing and integrating strategic solutions.
- Leadership or supporting roles in venture-backed high-growth startups.
- Strategy and execution experience leading and implementing new solutions, driving commercial outcomes, new business growth and/or development, and interfacing with the startup and venture community.
- Prior experience working within a startup incubator, startup studio, or accelerator environment.
- Previous roles and/or recognition within science, engineering, and/or research-related projects.