Engage is a first-of-its-kind enterprise venture platform that dramatically accelerates startup growth and corporate innovation and is administered by the Enterprise Innovation Institute at Georgia Tech. 14 leading corporations – Chickfila, Coca-Cola, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia Pacific, Georgia Power, Goldman Sachs, Honeywell, The Home Depot, Inspire Brands, Intercontinental Exchange, Invesco, UPS, and Wellstar Health System – partnered with the Georgia Institute of Technology and Invest Georgia, have backed the Engage fund, managed by Tech Square Ventures.
Informed by insights derived from corporate partners and cross-industry trends, we invest in startups from around the world. Post-investment, they enter an enterprise go-to-market program that accelerates the path to scale, working directly with corporate partners to implement pilots and contracts. At the same time, our corporate partners are empowered to strengthen their innovation capacity and learn from each other in a cross-disciplinary manner.
Interns at Engage will have the unique opportunity to learn about the go-to-market growth platform and venture fund by supporting the Engage team on the different aspects of working with our startups and corporate partners.
The internship program will bring together a team of talented graduate and undergraduate students across four roles – Investments Analyst, Insights Analyst, Design + Communications Analyst, and Operations Analyst.
The Summer internship will begin in May and run through August with some flexibility in start and stop dates. Students are required to work in the Engage office. Applicants should be creative, hardworking, self-motivated leaders with an interest in innovation and startups. The specific responsibilities and requirements for the Design + Communications Internship are detailed below:
- Generate audio and video content for website and social media. Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral. Perform retouching and manipulation of images.
- Understand Engage’s core values and brand guidelines when building graphics, videos, and other material for program requirements.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects so they are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Assist with social media plan to curate a presence across different channels.
- Consult on written and media content for the newsletter and website.
- Assist on special projects and administrative support as needed.
NOTE: Students with a graphic design background will have the opportunity to build and manage Engage’s visual library and generate assets like annual reports, startup overview videos, and more. Students with a marketing background will have the opportunity to create all of Engage’s external facing content on the website, social media channels, and monthly newsletters.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who can work on a team with minimal guidance.
- Experience with video editing using Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut, or equivalent tools.
- Experience designing brochures/signage in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or equivalent tools.
- Experience editing audio for podcasts, radio programs and writing copy or managing social media is a plus.
- Preference will be given to experienced Graphic Design and Literature, Media and Communication majors.
- Experience with no-code tools like Airtable, Notion, and the like to automate repetitive process is a plus.
- Students with a high-degree of awareness of startups and great analytical skills will be given preference.
Location: Students should be able to work at the Engage Offices in Tech Square (Centergy One, 75 5th St NW, Suite 2100, Atlanta, GA).
Commitment: Summer positions are full-time. During the Spring and Fall, students should be able to commit 20 hours/week.
Weekly Group Meeting: In addition to their specific responsibilities, interns will meet weekly to listen to guest speakers, learn leadership skills, develop a deeper understanding of investing, hone business skills, and discuss progress on their projects.
Summary Report: At the conclusion of the internship, students will submit an Internship Report describing their internship work and explaining how they have attained the following learning objectives:
- Apply principles of color, composition, hierarchy, typography as they relate to the creation of various media – digital, print, and 3D printing.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and develop original ideas/concepts, integrate feedback/critique, and communicate ideas visually and verbally.
- Ability to work effectively in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
Application & Interview Process
Interested students will require their resume and a cover letter to complete the application form. Summer 2022 deadline is 11:59pm on Friday, Apr 22nd 2022.
Selected students may be asked to interview by phone or video conference. These arrangements will be made via email with the chosen students directly. Interview decisions will also be conveyed by email.