ENGAGE CORPORATE INNOVATION DIRECTOR
Engage is a first-of-its-kind collaborative innovation and corporate venture platform comprised of a leading research institution and 13 category-leading Fortune 500 corporations in the Southeast that have joined forces to support startups building the future of enterprise technology. Engage corporate partners include: Chick-fil-a, Cox Enterprises, Delta, Georgia-Pacific, Georgia Power, Georgia Tech, Goldman Sachs, The Home Depot, lnspire Brands, Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE), Invesco, Invest Georgia, Tech Square Ventures, UPS, and Wellstar.
Engage corporate partners form the backbone of the Engage platform. Corporate involvement solidifies the Engage value proposition, improves our startups’ experience, increases cross-corporate learning and knowledge transfer between the leading corporations in the Southeast.
We are looking for a strategic and creative Corporate Innovation Director to work across multiple business units of our Fortune 500 corporate partners. This role will oversee Engage corporate relationships including, but not limited to monthly meetings, corporate events, and coordinating all efforts involved with fostering relationships with relevant executive stakeholders. Responsibilities include understanding Engage member personas, creating personalized experiences at scale, utilizing in-person and virtual gatherings to deliver value to the Engage corporate members. The ultimate goal is to provide unparalleled value to our corporate partners and strengthen the connective tissue in the innovation ecosystem in the Southeast.
This role will report to the Managing Director and work closely with them to strategize and scale our corporate innovation operations. This role will work side by side with early-stage companies, interface with the innovation community, Engage corporate partners and venture investors from across the country.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An entrepreneurial operator at your core: meticulously detail-oriented, organized, and able to juggle many priorities while moving key initiatives forward.
- Obsessively curious and have a growth mindset.
- Have a high degree of social intelligence and social instinct. You have an innate understanding of how to navigate within complex social environments.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written) and have the executive presence to be able to deliver unique and complex concepts to executives.
- An independent contributor: able and excited to flip between developing high-level strategy and getting in the weeds to execute and build from scratch.
- Creative, nimble, and a hunter: you spot opportunities everywhere and can launch programs and strategies to capture it.
- Comfortable operating proactively and creating your own opportunities under ambiguous circumstances.
- Talent for screening ideas objectively and recommending innovative and high-value alternatives.
- Able to develop new ideas and business solutions across internal capabilities as well as external partners.
- Own key relationships with corporate innovation programs and partner with business units to understand technology-enabled opportunities and complex business needs and challenges across opportunity areas including; Customer Experience, Supply-Chain & Manufacturing, Big Data/AI/Analytics/FinTech, Climate Tech & Sustainability, Logistics & Mobility, and Future of Work.
- Help develop and implement a proactive corporate relations strategy and program, ensuring that Engage’s strategy, startups, and progress is understood by the corporate innovation community.
- Along with the Managing Director, prepare key messages and presentations to communicate Engage’s progress and performance to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with Engage Corporate Partners’ business units to define solution concepts, refine MVPs, and ultimately guide the most promising startups through deployment and scale within the Fortune 500.
- Work cross-functionally with the Engage Investments, Insights, and Operations teams to ensure we are maximizing every opportunity for integration and connectivity with our Corporate Partners.
- Build and document processes, templates, collateral, insights, and playbooks for use across the Engage platform teams.
- Scope new opportunities for partnerships and lead outbound campaigns to build new relationships with corporate partners.
- Evaluate and assess the integration potential of Engage startup companies and provide recommendations for joining the Engage Program.
- Work Experience: Five years of corporate innovation, corporate strategy, or startup-related experience (or equivalent combination of education and work experience).
- Skills: Ability to analyze, evaluate, and assess complex information; coaching and consulting experience; an ability to use independent judgment; and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Corporate Innovation leadership experience working with technology companies or implementing and integrating strategic solutions.
- Corporate Strategy experience leading the development of long-range strategic planning, navigating hierarchal Fortune 500 organizations, implementing new solutions, and driving commercial outcomes.
- Prior experience working within a startup incubator, startup studio, or accelerator environment.
- Previous leadership roles and/or recognition within science, engineering, and/or research-related projects.
- Leadership or supporting role in an early-stage startup that has secured multiple rounds of financing (angel or venture).